Thursday, May 15, 2014

J. Crew Review and OOTD

I had an early morning doctor's appointment today and what makes you feel better than a little retail therapy afterwards? Ah, it was glorious! So many beautiful new arrivals and I tried on a boatload of them. J. Crew has had so many good sales I couldn't rationalize buying any full priced items today but I did do a number on the sale section. Here's a sample of what I ended up with. 



Top: Vintage cotton cap-sleeve tee in dark cognac ($29.50 on sale for $19.99 and additional 40% off in store) 
Skirt: Maxiskirt in stripe in black and champagne ($75.00 on sale for $59.99 with additional 40% off in store)
Necklace: Stacked flowers necklace in red currant ($55.00 on sale for $29.99 with additional 40% off in store)

Here are some other outfits I tried on that I'm adding to my wish list:


Sleeveless drapey top in cove floral ($98). I'm wearing a size 6 here as usual but I might size down. There was a bit of extra material around the waist. I really liked the sleeves and the pattern.


Crocheted lace tank ($68). I really liked this one. I'm wearing a medium here as I usually size up in J. Crew's tees and tanks. I just like a little extra room around the waist in those styles. I will definitely be getting this one when it shows up on sale.



Stripe back-zip dress in ivory navy ($128). Really cute! The little bit of extra material at the waist didn't bother me as I thought. My hips being my largest feature, I usually try to minimize them but the cut actually worked well. Notice the exposed back-zip? Love it!


Maxi tank dress in stripe in heather blueberry ($110). The lighting in the dressing room is highlighting every curve here, but it was actually very flattering and under normal lighting would probably hide any imperfections well. I wish it was a down-to-the-floor maxi, but I can deal. I will be adding to my wardrobe soon :)









No comments:

Post a Comment