Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Demure Demi-Dots

I recently bought a Nude toned nail polish while grocery shopping. I always seem to do that - browse the make-up and nail polish aisle and see if anything jumps out at me. Inspiration can hit at any time.

I wanted to do something simple but classy. I came up with this:



To do this, I applied three coats of the nude to get the shade that I wanted. Then, after it was dry, I poured out a bit of black and took a nail and dipped it in the polish.



I tried the big flat end first, but the dots were a bit too large. So I switched to the pointy end and it worked perfectly!


Doesn't it remind you of those old-fashioned lace up boots? You know, these?





Guess I was channeling some L.M. Montgomery today.

Try some other color combinations and let me know your favorite!


No comments:

Post a Comment